Product Care | How to care for your glassware
The DO's and DON'TS of Glassware care.
Special things are worth looking after. To enjoy using your crystal in the future and to keep it looking good, we recommend the following:
- Wash your crystal before use. Use warm soapy water and a soft cloth
- Dry with a soft cloth holding glass by the bowl, not the stem
- Change liquid content and wash vases and decanters regularly to prevent staining
- If staining occurs, remove with vinegar on a soft cloth, or soak in a solution of vinegar and water (50/50). A mild abrasive, such as rice or crushed egg shells can be used inside containers
- Stand or store crystal stemware right side up to avoid damage to stemware rims
- Use wooden spoons with serving bowls to avoid chipping
- Always wash large and heavy items by hands
- Expose crystal to rapid temperature changes, i.e. very hot oven or cold water
- Use crystal products in microwaves, conventional ovens or in a freezer
- Re-light night lights that may have burned to below half their container depth
- Allow a naked ame to come into contact with crystal or leave a burning candle unattended
- Never stack one glass inside another
Many Dartington Crystal products can be used in the dishwasher if handled with care, stacked well and using a lower temperature washing cycle. New dishwashers may have specic settings for Crystal and Glassware. However, please see product pages for information on those that are dishwasher safe. Prolonged and regular dishwasher use can eventually take away some of the shine. Poor stacking can lead to damage.