- Home /
- Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 25th May 2018 Version 1.0
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you use our products or websites over the phone, online, or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Websites”).
This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by all brands in our group (including Caithness Glass, Dartington Crystal and John Beswick).
Who are we
When we say 'we' or 'us' in this policy, we're generally referring to the separate and distinct legal entities that make up Dartington Crystal (Torrington) Ltd.
What sorts of information do we hold
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the Websites that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and Websites, and so on);
- Your account login details, including your user name and chosen password;
- Gift purchase information: the recipient's name, contact address, delivery address(es), telephone number and email address(es);
- Information about any device you have used to access our websites (such as your device's make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our websites. For example, we try to identify when and how you use our websites to make your experience better.
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don't open them or don't click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our services
- Cookies and other identification tags;
- Information on orders, deliveries, payment methods, billing address(es), delivery address(es), and other information related to any business you may do with Dartington Crystal;
How do we use your information
The information we collect may be used to:
- Make available our services to you;
- Process your orders;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- Personalise your shopping experience, for example by understanding your location or how you use our apps and websites to provide you with personalised offers or shopping ideas;
- Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
- Conduct market research, either ourselves or with reputable agencies;
- For statistical analysis;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and websites you consume, the manner in which you consume them and how you shop across the Dartington Crystal products, so we can serve you better;
- Find ways to improve our Websites and services;
- Contact you about products and services from us and our other brands;
- Provide you with online advertising;
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
We use anonymized data for reporting purposes. Such data have been anonymized and cannot be used to identify you. We use such data to analyse the realisation of our commercial objectives, such as effectiveness of our product campaigns. Such anonymized data may contain:
- Aggregate visitor numbers of our websites;
- Aggregate visitor numbers of our stores;
- Average visit duration;
- Typical visitors path on our site or our store; and
- Certain measurements related to our product sales.
Orders and Payment Details
If you have ordered products or services from any of our web stores or physical stores or by telephone, we may process your personal data for the purposes of processing your order(s).
Payment details are not stored in our systems. Instead, payment data are provided by you directly to our third party payment services providers.
Who might we share your information with
Except as described in this Privacy Notice we do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to a third party.
We disclose your personal data only to the parties indicated below and for the following reasons only:
- Affiliates and third party processors. We may disclose your personal data to Dartington Crystal (torrington) ltd companies and authorized third party vendors who process the data for us. All such processing is based on our prior instructions set out in a binding contract that is compliant with the requirements of applicable law, and is conducted in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Such disclosures may include disclosing your personal data to payment services providers, companies that facilitate your orders, delivery companies, customer service teams, and companies that analyse and manage consumer data for us, conduct credit checks, market research and marketing campaigns. These authorised third parties are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes than those described in this Privacy Notice and they are required to keep your personal data strictly confidential. We also require them to use high standard security measures to protect your personal data
- Lawful requests. We may be required by the binding requirements of applicable law, or for the purposes of responding to legal proceedings or other lawful requests to disclose your personal data to authorities or third parties.
- Protection of our interests and combating fraud. We may also disclose or otherwise process your personal data, in accordance with applicable law, to defend our legitimate interests (for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings) and when combating fraud.
- Mergers and acquisitions. In the event of any sale, consolidation or reorganization of our businesses (for example mergers and acquisitions), we may disclose your personal data to prospective or actual purchasers or their advisers, where appropriate.
Keeping you informed about our products and websites
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and websites of the Dartington Crystal (Torrington) Ltd from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message, online, using social media, push notifications via apps, or by any other electronic means.
We won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to but we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, by clicking a link provided in our emails or by emailing our Customer Care Team on email@example.com.
Access and correction of your personal information.
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a 'Subject Access Request'. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf),
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
How long will we keep your information for?
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Links to other websites
Please note that certain features on our website are offered by third parties and that the third party privacy policies apply. Dartington Crystal cannot be held liable for any privacy policies or terms and conditions concerning data privacy of such third parties.
Sharing your thoughts
When using one of our websites or mobile applications, you may be able to share information through social networks like Facebook and Twitter. For example when you 'like', 'share' or review our Websites. When doing this your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks, their other users and/or Dartington Crystal. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Dartington Crystal, Linden Close, Great Torrington, EX38 7AN, UK
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time and communicate the changes on this site.
Dartington Crystal reserves the right to change and modify this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we post changes to this Privacy Notice we will modify the "Effective Date" at the top of this Privacy Notice to indicate when such changes have come into effect. If the changes are material and affect you in an adverse way, Dartington Crystal will inform you with an email and prominently post a notice advising of such change at the beginning of this Privacy Notice.