Hand Engraved Messages.
Adding a personal message or sentiment create's a unique gift for any occasion.How to engrave your special purchase
Last week we met up with some of our favourite bloggers for a flower arranging class at
Flowers by Passion. Set in a beautiful barn, Jo (the owner’s), workshop wowed us as soon as we stepped through the door. Surrounded by gorgeous flowers we got to work on creating our own floral masterpiece and wanted to share our top tips with you!
- Start off by half filling your chosen vase with water and flower food
- Using florist tape, crossover over the top of your vase to create a grid, we’d recommend doing 3 across and 2 through the middle. This will help to hold your stems in place whilst arranging
- To begin arranging, firstly choose the foliage of your choice, we love using mint, olive and eucalyptus
- Strip your stems of everything that is too big and bulky ensuring no leaves are touching the water and the stems are trimmed at an angle
- Think about where your vase is going to live, on a mantel piece by a wall or as a centre piece on a dining table. This will help you to decide on the proportions of your arrangement
- Now is your time to get really creative. Remember to keep turning the vase so that it looks good from every angle
- Once you have a nice shape with your foliage you can start adding your favourite flowers
- Pastels, brights, neutrals; there are so many colours and varieties of flowers to choose from but once you have decided ensure that you strip the ends (just like the foliage) and cut the stems at an angle. This is to keep your flowers happy for longer, making sure they can get all the nutrients they need.
Our Marketing Assistant, Steph, had a go herself. We think her creation is beautiful sitting happily in our Florabundance Posy Vase with the .
Show us what you can do and upload your picture to social media using the hashtag #floralfordartington